People who have circulation issues, stents fitted or had any operations on the carotid artery in the neck are at a high risk of suffering a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack or stroke and may be interested in volunteering for a cardiovascular disease clinical trial.
This trial is evaluating the effectiveness of a licensed medication (used by the NHS due to its effectiveness at lowering LDL cholesterol levels) for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Eligible participants will:
- Have the opportunity to have a cholesterol health check carried out at no cost.
- Have the results of any additional investigations that may be undertaken forwarded to their GP.
- Have their travel costs reimbursed.
- Help future generations with new treatments by contributing to medical research.
- Receive regular monitoring at trial visits, including blood pressure, pulse rate, ECG, blood and urine tests, height and weight etc.
For further information and to discuss your eligibility with our team, please complete our online form.
Please note: You may or may not benefit medically from taking part and you are able to opt at out anytime and do not have to give us a reason for doing so. Your GP will be informed about your participation and all medical assessments that will be carried out as part of the study. If during screening any abnormal results are found your GP will also be informed.