We are currently collaborating with Heart UK on our clinical trial for people at risk of Cardiovascular Diseases.
We are enrolling eligible volunteers aged between 50 to 80 years of age for a clinical trial evaluating a medication that is already licensed and used by the NHS due to its effectiveness at lowering cholesterol levels.
Possible benefits for volunteers include:
- Help future generations with new treatments by contributing to medical research.
- Regular monitoring at trial visits, including blood pressure, pulse rate, ECG, blood and urine tests, height and weight, etc.
- The results of any additional investigations that may be undertaken, will also be forwarded to your GP.
The main objective of this study is to prove that this treatment reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease; heart attacks and/or strokes in participants who may be at a high risk.
Established Risk factors of Cardiovascular Disease can include:
· Stents or an angiogram showing a blockage
· Abdominal artery aneurysm or circulation problems in any leg or arm artery
· Any operations on carotid artery in the neck
If you decide to participate, you are under no obligation to continue and you may withdraw from the trial for any reason. It is important to note that you may or may not benefit medically from taking part. Trial participation will be in collaboration with your GP.
All Accellacare trials are approved by the MHRA and an independent ethics committee. All our research studies are conducted by professional and highly trained doctors and nurses who understand the importance of looking after clinical trial volunteers.
To find your nearest clinic please click here.