These studies are important as they aim to identify new and better ways to treat people who suffer with pain due to this condition, as in spite of treatment some sufferers still continue to experience pain, which the researchers are looking to reduce.
The principal benefits of being involved in these research studies include:·
- If the study is effective, it could help in getting the drug licensed and it would benefit many more people in the future
- Increased medical care and regular review of your Osteoarthritis.
- Social benefits – support, encouragement,intervention and reassurance that your health is being closely monitored. Being part of the clinical study would complement current care received from your GP
- Your GP will be kept well informed of your participation in the study
- Regular medical and physical examinations including: Blood pressure checks, ECGs, X-rays & MRIs, blood tests
- Reimbursements of travel costs to our centres.
- Medications at no cost.
If you would like to register your interest for this study then please complete the form. A member of our Clinical team will then contact you to discuss your eligibility and answer any questions you may wish to ask us.
Please note you are able to opt at out anytime and do not have to give us a reason for doing so